A few thoughts on nutrition
- Eat when you’re hungry and savor every delicious mouthful!
- Every body is different; experiment to find out what works for you
- Refine your eating based on your goals (to lower blood sugar? to lose weight?)
- Diets based on deprivation and guilt often lead to binge eating and don't work long term
So what can I eat?
The science is still developing, but it’s fair to say that:
- We should eat foods we recognize as growing in the ground (veggies and fruits) or that were once swimming (fish) or roaming around (meat)
- Try to avoid food that comes in a box
- Fat isn’t as bad as you thought
- Sugar and refined carbs are (sadly) even worse than you thought